Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wrestling Season





















This is really weird, but I am excited to say that the wrestling season has started! Many of you know that Eddie retired from coaching a couple of years ago because he was missing so many of our kids' activities. But he also said that he would go back to coaching if our kids decided to wrestle. Well guess what? The boys are now freshmen in High School and much to Eddie's excitement (and my dismay) both of them are officially on the J.V. wrestling team at Hillcrest High School.

I have to say I have been watching wrestling matches for years, Eddie started coaching when I was pregnant with E.J., but it is so much more stressful when someone you love is competing. It is a really harsh sport, and my heart beats so fast and my palms sweat and it is all I can do to try not to panic and scream goofy things and embarrass all of them.

Both Troy and E.J. are doing really well so far, with a couple wins and a couple losses each.

Here are a couple of pictures from the first match of the season:


2 comments:

keri said...

Jeff wrestled in High school and his mom always tells me how she used to sit and cry in the stands. He says it was really embarrassing. Good luck to the boys!

Anonymous said...

Their single!!!

- Shelby