Saturday, December 20, 2008

Jordan is going to Canada, Eh?


I feel so strange, and happy, and sad, and proud to see my brother Jordan leaving on his mission. He is so excited to go to Canada, and he hopes to find many people to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with. But I am most proud and excited of the fact that he has his own testimony and that he has a personal relationship with Christ. He has turned out to be such an amazing kid.

Jordan is the baby of the family and I have often said that I felt sorry for him because instead of having brothers and sisters he has about 5 sets of parents that get after him. He is also only about 5 years older than E.J. so the two of them have always behaved more like brothers than uncle and nephew. He has been a good example to all of the kids.

When he was set apart as a missionary the Stake President asked if any of us had anything that we would like to share with him. All I could say was "I am so proud of you, Jordan, and I hope you know that we are standing behind you all the way. " I love you, Jordan. We all love you, and are here for you! We are praying for your safety and strength every day! Stay safe, eh? And make sure you write, eh?!?

3 comments:

The Cope Family said...

Its amazing how they grow up isn't it. I remember when I married in the family he was so little and in that buggy stage. Look where he is know. Wow.

Curtis Crew said...

I feel so old, he was in my Sunday school class, He was one of the kids that you could tell would change lives, he has a strong faith and wasn't ever ashamed to share it. I'm Proud of you Jordan, best of luck.

Buckeye Nut said...

This just makes me want to smile and cry at the same time. I feel like "there goes my little boy".....ok well one of my three that are that age. I am so excited for him!!