So for those of you who haven't heard , I had surgery a couple of weeks ago. And yes, I pretty much have felt like I had a head on collision with a Mac Truck, just as the nurse actually warned me I would. I was in the hospital for 4 days, and I've been home (pretty much) since.Several items of good (or just silly) news that came with having surgery:
- (And you have to say this with an Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) "It is not a tumah"
- "Every day in every way I'm getting better and better".
- They let you drive those cool motorized shopping carts at Target if you have just had surgery. (All I could think was PLEASE don't let me see anyone from High School) I threatened to get some cool scooters like that for the boys when they hit high school next year, they even have a basket for their back-packs, and they could plug them in when they get there, and I don't think they could go fast enough to hurt themselves too bad. I thought I was hilarious, which was probably because of the meds. (see #9) The boys, however, didn't think I was so funny.
- I will forever be more sympathetic to women who have c-sections. My incision was similar but a little bit bigger -- ooooo was that TMI? (Too much information in teen-speak)
- Some of my very favorite people have come to see me.
- My kids are doing pretty much anything I ask them to do (we will see how long that lasts)
- The Relief Society Rocks! Thank you so much to everyone who blessed my family with dinners, etc.
- Eddie is the most supportive amazing husband ever, but I did have to tell him "You are so lucky that you don't have ovaries" and his not-so-funny comeback was "you are lucky...you barely do anymore either"
- I am not taking any more prescription pain pills. If I have had any really strange conversations with you over the last couple of weeks I apologize....... but at least this time I had a good excuse. I did learn that I have adverse reactions to Morphine but the Lortab was a party while it lasted.
- Stairs are not my friends, so living in the basement has been more confining than I ever thought it would be. But the upside is that it is nice and dark, so I have been able to rest a lot.
I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

5 comments:
oh my gosh, i laughed so hard reading this. can i ride in your basket around target with you? i'll put brennan on my lap, it will be great. then i can get all of your stuff for you so you don't have to get up out of your scooter.
What is this all about?!? If you have time email and let me know what's going on with you. What was the surgery for. Fill me in!!
Shellie
I heard that you had surgery, but didn't hear why. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. I feel for you. I have had problems of that sort too and they are not fun.
I also couldn't take anything other then IB prophin on my C-section recovery because the pain meds made me super sick. Just a bit of advice, Don't jump in the air to try to get a baloon off the ceiling. It's not pleasent on the incision. I will not be doing that on my next baby!
I hope you are feeling better soon! If we can do anything for you let us know!
Heather
You are so cute. I hope you're feeling better.
I am glad to hear it was nothing more than a cyst. Yeah those incisions hurt. Morphine, is not my friend either, however I wanted to scratch my face off.
I hope you had a great Christmas
Post a Comment