Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Amazing Valentine!

So today is 16 years for Eddie and I. We met on Valentines Day 1993 at the NCO club on Hill Air Force Base. He was so sweet the night that we met. He had to ask me to dance 3 times before I finally said yes (it is a whole 'nother story). But when we danced, wow!

Over the years he has become my best friend. He is such a good listener (when he doesn't fall asleep - I have learned to talk before 9:00 P.M.). There is an old saying that says "a best friend is someone who knows everything about you and loves you just the same".

Eddie is such a good husband. I have said many times that I feel like an 8 cow wife.

He told me that I was beautiful so many times that I finally gave in and believed him. He has given me confidence in myself.... confidence that I am worth more than I ever thought. And confidence that I can do so much more than I ever knew.

Eddie is an amazing father. I apologized the other day for being the "pushover" parent, because it forces him to have to be the "mean one". The amazing part is that even though he is strict with them, the kids never wonder if he loves them, they just know.

Eddie is a good man. In so many ways. I watch him coach wrestling, and see the amazing influence that he is on these kids. They look up to him, and he doesn't let them down.
He loves God and stands firm in his beliefs. He is not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and he works at being a valiant priesthood holder.

And he makes me laugh, which I will be forever grateful for:)


Happy Valentines day Eddie! Thank you for 16 amazing years! I love you!

3 comments:

Em said...

oh yay, i love it! you guys are so cute, we LOVE LOVE LOVE you:-)

Curtis Crew said...

You two are so dang cute! I love the picture of you and Eddie

Shellie said...

What a great husband you have! I too have a great husband! Aren't we lucky to have found the absolute best especially after some of the things we did (christmas tree, little white car. Does that ring a bell?!)

9 days and counting!!!